RULES & LEAGUE FORMAT
- Games will start every hour
- All games will consist of two 25 minute running halves with a two-minute half time.
- The clock will stop under two minutes if the goal differential is three goals or less.
- Each team will get one 30 second timeout per game. Clock will stop during all timeouts.
- Games ending in tie will go to a best of three shootout immediately following the final horn.
- 30 second shot clock on all possessions, once possession is gained.
- Face-off players are not allowed to clamp the ball.
- Crease dives are allowed, but no contact with the goalie or net while doing so.
- Over and back is only called on the penalty killing team.
- No wooden player sticks.
- Games will be played on box goals with box goalies.
- No long sticks.
- Rib and bicep pads are recommended.
PENALTIES & PLAYER SAFETY
- “Minor” penalties will be two (2) minutes. “Major” penalties are typically five (5) minutes but due to game lengths, they will be reduced to four (4) minutes with all other “Major” rules still in affect.
- “Minor” minutes penalties consist of (but not limited too) hits from behind, tripping, interference, high hits, slashing, illegal cross-checks, high stick, boarding and unnecessary roughness. Note: Many of these penalties are subject to a "Major" depending on severity and intent.
- “Major” penalties consist of (but not limited too) the calls listed above, with a focus on violent boarding plays, intentional high hits, and aggressive hits from behind.
- The referees have the ability to eject a player if they believe the play was done with intent to injure.
- ABSOLUTELY no hitting from behind, whether it's on the boards or in the open floor. It will not be tolerated. Boarding is a big focus point. Any violent hit in to the board, even clean from the shoulder, will be called. Player safety along the boards is crucial.
- Box lacrosse picks are allowed, but any aggressive picks will result in a change of possession and/or two (2) minute penalty.
- Off ball cross-checking and slashing will be called tightly. Minimal off ball hitting. Cross checking is allowed, but it should be done in a "push" fashion, meaning that you can place and steer a player.
- Any fighting will result in ejection from the game and league. No questions asked.
- NO BODY CHECKS.
PLAYOFFS & TIEBREAKER
In the event a tiebreaker is required, the following procedure will be used to determine seeding. 1) Head-to-Head 2) Goals Allowed 3) Goal Differential 4) Goals Scored